A full line of LED exterior lights for trailers is now available in the commercial vehicle aftermarket from Phillips Industries.
A line of thin, durable lamps initially was introduced at the Technology & Maintenance Council meeting this spring and were available through trailer makers such as Wabash.
Now the lights will be available from parts distributors and dealers.
These new Boardfree LED products will be sold under the Permalite XT brand name. They are manufactured in the U.S. by Innotec. Phillips Industries entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Innotec Group earlier this year.
Boardfree in-mold technology is a process that eliminates the need for a traditional printed circuit board, resulting in an ultra-thin light that generates no hazardous waste.
According to Phillips, Permalite XT LED lights with Boardfree technology feature:
- Superior durability and impact resistance
- Resistance to corrosion, harsh chemicals and UV exposure
- Solid molded construction of lens and housing
- High efficiency optical design
- Optimal heat management, leading to longer life expectancy
- Lights exceed FMVSS 108