Amsted Seals has launched the Pro-Lock axle fastener for commercial vehicles. The company said the precision design of the Pro-Lock axle fastener limits wheel-bearing adjustment variability, extending the life of the tire and the wheel seal.
It is a patent-pending design the company said allows for quick and easy installation, reducing the likelihood of displacing the outer bearing and limiting the possibility of incorrect keeper ring installation in comparison to competitors’ older products.
“The Pro-Lock’s ease of use makes installation errors virtually impossible,” said Bill Hayen, director of sales for Amsted Seals. “Not only does that help extend wheel-end component life, but it increases safety on the road.”
Other Pro-Lock axle fastener features and benefits include:
- White stripes painted on the nut that allow technicians to more easily judge how far they have backed off the nut during installation
- Easy installation without any tools due to chamfers on both the nut and keeper ring
- Reduces the possibility of incorrect installation with keeper ejecting if not properly snapped into grove
- Helps maximize tire tread life
- Increases precision of bearing adjustment down to .001”, which increases the life of the seal and the bearings.