Bridgestone Americas introduced the Firestone FD694 drive tire for long haul and regional truck applications designed for longevity in wet and winter conditions.
- A deep and high rigidity tread pattern with a solid shoulder design for long, even wear.
- A wear-resistant tread compound.
- A cap/base compound engineered to enhance retreadability by protecting the casing from heat.
- Wide shoulder and center grooves to help provide solid grip on wet roads.
- A casing optimized to fight irregular wear and featuring stone rejector platforms to help protect against hazards penetrating the belt layer.
"Long haul and regional trucking fleets face a unique set of challenges: varied weather patterns, unpredictable roadways, and pressure to efficiently deliver goods on time," said Chris Tavares, executive director of commercial marketing for Bridgestone Americas. "With the FD694, we set out to build a tire that offers more of everything for fleets of any size. The FD694 is designed to work harder to deliver more wear resistance, more durability, and more traction in all conditions."
When paired with Bandag retreads, the Firestone FD694 tire helps to reduce operating cost and environmental impacts, maximizing fleet uptime, and sustainability, company officias said. The FD694 can also be supported by solutions like the Bridgestone Fleet Care tire-monitoring service, IntelliTire, which provides real-time data on tire pressure monitoring, temperature, and speed to detect and avoid tire issues before they happen.
The Firestone FD694 drive tire is currently available in a 295/75R22.5 size and will soon be available in three additional sizes: 11R22.5, 11R24.5, and 285/75R24.5.