Prestolite has introduced a complete line of Leece-Neville Heavy Duty Systems rotating electric units that are engineered to satisfy the requirements of work truck vehicles, many of which spend most of their lives operating at low engine speeds.
Leece-Neville IdlePro alternators provide industry-leading output for vehicles that make dozens of stops and run additional systems that place extra loads on the battery, according to the company. These alternators help ensure that batteries fully recover between stops, even when the vehicle never gets back up to full speed.
IdlePro alternators are an ideal solution for medium-duty and heavy-duty vocational truck applications such as highway service vehicles, delivery box trucks, snow plows, utility maintenance vehicles, dump trucks and refuse haulers.
Additionally, the Leece-Neville PowerPro Extreme 5 starter integrates the latest technologies in a lightweight package. It meets major OE engine manufacturer testing specifications, ensuring a simplified preventative maintenance program and a significant increase in vehicle uptime, which is an important benefit for trucks that are often on call 24/7, company officials said.
“Whether it’s starting up a plow on a frigid winter day or cooling a delivery truck’s cab in the hot summer months, our starters and alternators are built to maximize performance and minimize maintenance," says Jonathan Smith, assistant director of sales and marketing at Prestolite
Each qualifying IdlePro alternator and PowerPro Extreme 5 starter is backed by the Prestolite Power Promise warranty, which provides comprehensive coverage for truck applications, including a three-year/unlimited mileage warranty for alternators and a two-year/unlimited mileage warranty for starters, and an extended list of available qualifying failure claims.
IdlePro alternators are assembled in America and feature:
- 12V, 210- and 240-amp outputs available in a dual internal fan design.
- Minimum of 63% of a unit’s rated maximum output at engine idle (certain applications).
- Remote Sense capable – returns battery to full charge between stops and reduces overall charging time.
- Rated up to 125°C – ideal for the high-temperature environments often found in work truck applications.
- eCoated, heavy duty housing to reduce corrosion and improve vibration resistance.
- All new, no core.
PowerPro Extreme 5 starters deliver performance in a space-saving package. Features include:
- 12V, 5kW starting power – industry-leading performance in 6.0L to 10.0L engines.
- Sealed and noseless design to protect against dust, oil and other contaminants.
- Planetary gear reduction design for higher torque/speed and less power consumption.
- Integral Magnetic Switch technology to eliminate voltage drops.
- Soft start relay technology to prevent ring gear damage.
- Lightweight at 21.5 pounds.
- All new, no core.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online