Yokohama Tire Corp.has released a new version of its iPad app for the truck tire industry, the Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator. It is available on iTunes for free download.
The Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator is designed to help fleet owners and truck operators learn which Yokohama tires are best for various applications and road conditions. It also contains useful tools to aid with maintaining optimum tire pressure and maximizing fuel savings.
Updates and features of the new v1.3 version include:
• YTC’s Inflation Pressure Calculator, a tire maintenance tool that recommends appropriate tire inflation levels to prevent tire damage and tire wear.
• Information and 360-degree tire photography on the new TY517 ultra wide base drive tire and the new RY407 ultra wide base trailer tire.
Additional features of the app include:
• A Fuel Savings Calculator, which compares Yokohama’s fuel-efficient tires against the competition.
• Information about YTC’s commercial tire line-up, with 360-degree tire photography, including the Zenvironment® line and the company’s EPA SmartWay-verified tires.
• SmartSolution®, Yokohama’s innovative communication platform that is divided into four value propositions: longevity, efficiency, availability and dependability.
• A dealer locator to help drivers find the closest Yokohama dealer while on the go.
Nexiq Technologies released its new handheld scan tool for both heavy-duty and light- and medium-duty truck diagnostics — the new Pocket HD.