Eaton has added a series of initiatives to the company’s Roadranger service network to better meet the needs of North American heavy-duty trucking fleets, the company announced.
The initiatives are meant to enhance Eaton’s post-sale support for its transmissions and components. Eaton is upgrading features in the company’s ServiceRanger 4 online diagnostics and service software. It is extending the availability of the Roadranger Call center to include around-the-clock customer service. The company is also introducing a new synthetic transmission lubricant designed to be fuel efficient.
Expanded Roadranger Call Center availability will better provide fleet customers, repair facilities and dealer service technicians with access to professionals knowledgeable about Eaton products. Eaton says the expanded availability will reduce troubleshooting and diagnostic time to maximize vehicle uptime.
The new synthetic transmission fluid has a PS-386 specification which supersedes the current Roadranger PS-164 Rev7 specification. It features a lower viscosity to promote more fuel efficiency, lower sump temperatures, better low temperature start properties, higher oxidation stability, and increased shear stability.
Dealers, fleets and service locations can select from three ServiceRanger 4 packages — Basic, Standard and Professional. ServiceRanger 4 is available through the Roadranger website.
ServiceRanger 4 includes several recent enhancements including:
- Improved, user-friendly and intuitive interfacing that has resulted in clear, crisp screen layouts.
- High-visibility color schemes that allow for easier daylight viewing.
- Enhanced troubleshooting procedures that link directly to fault codes.
- Real-time updates to product and service literature, as well as access to Service Ranger4 updates.
- New communications links that bring together customers’ computers and Eaton support staff.
Eaton’s Roadranger network includes over 200 drivetrain professionals throughout North America to provide solutions, support and expertise to fleets and dealers. For more information, click here.