The electronic toll collection system is now operable at all DOT owned or operated facilities in South Florida, Tampa, Orlando and the panhandle, with the exception of a few roads in the Orlando area.
The following toll plazas and interchanges on the Florida Turnpike were converted to the SunPass System March 17:
- Lantana Mainline Toll Plaza
- Lake Worth/Lake Worth Road Interchange
- West Palm Beach/Okeechobee Blvd. Interchange
- Palm Beach Gardens/PGA Blvd. Interchange
- Jupiter/Indiantown Road Interchange
- Stuart/Martin Downs Blvd. Interchange
- Port St. Lucie/Port St. Lucie Blvd. Interchange
- Fort Pierce/State Road 70 Interchange
- Yeehaw Junction/State Road 60 Interchange
- Three Lakes Mainline Toll Plaza
SunPass has been successful in reducing congestion in South Florida, Tampa and Orlando areas. Deborah Stemle, Florida Department of Transportation director of toll operations, said FDOT expects similar benefits for customers who use the Turnpike's ticket system from Lantana to Kissimmee.