The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has announced a public education and outreach campaign to help commercial driver transition to electronic logging devices called the ELD Implementation Tour.
In cities across the country, FMCSA will present ELD experts to lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
The campaign precedes the ELD mandate, which will require all carriers to convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD if they do not have an Automatic On-Board Recording Device by Dec. 18, 2017.
FMCSA agency staff at an interactive exhibit booth will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
- July 13-15 – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
- August 24-26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas, Texas)
- September 25-27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta, Georgia)
- October 14-15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, California)
- October 21-24 – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Florida)
- November 6-8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City, Missouri)
For more information about ELDs, including the ELD Rule, frequently asked questions and other resources, visit FMCSA.dot.gov/ELD.