Bridgestone announced it will expand the company’s Ecopia commercial truck tire line with the introduction of the Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire.
The new tire is engineered to reduce operating costs by delivering the highest fuel efficiency ever offered on a Bridgestone long-haul steer tire, in combination with significant improvements in wear performance, Bridgestone officials said in a press release.
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire features directional edge sipes to resist scrub and offer up to 15% longer mileage compared with the previous-generation R284 Ecopia.
Additionally, a redesigned tread pattern paired with an innovative compound reduces tire weight, improving rolling resistance and fuel efficiency by 6% compared to R284 Ecopia.
Key engineering improvements and innovations in the Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire include:
- A four-rib tire design with patented NanoPro-Tech polymer to limit energy loss and enhance stiffness.
- An Intellishape sidewall design containing less bead filler volume to reduce tire weight.
- Center rib sipes to evacuate water and improve traction on wet surfaces.
- Directional stress relief sipes to absorb shoulder edge forces in the footprint for longer wear.
- A redesigned defense side groove to better resist irregular wear, helping improve fuel efficiency and durability over the long haul.
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire, which is EPA SmartWay verified, will be offered in eight variations – with four sizes and two load ranges per size – at Bridgestone authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada.