companies that have reached MVP status totals 307.
The program was initiated in May 2005 and recognizes members that have implemented minimum business processes and have taken steps to comply with certain government regulations.
The Newest MVPs are (Jan. 1-March 31, 2007):
· Anthony Liftgates Co., Inc. (Pontiac, IL)
· Benson International (Cadiz, KY)
· Clean Seal Inc. (South Bend, IN)
· Elpers Truck Equipment LLC (Evansville, IN)
· Engineered Machined Products (Escanaba, MI)
· Harsh International Inc. (Eaton, CO)
· Hoosier Trailer & Truck Equipment Inc. (Fort Wayne, IN)
· Kalida Truck Equipment Inc. (Kalida, OH)
· Kelderman Air Ride (Oskaloosa, IA)
· MATECO Truck Equipment (Houston, TX)
· Monmouth Truck Equipment (Shrewsbury, NJ)
· OEM Systems Inc. (Centreville, IL)
· O. J. Watson Co. Inc. (Denver, CO)
· Ranew's Fleet Service LLC (Milner, GA)
· Southern Coach (Kernersville, NC)
· Triple C Inc. (Sabetha, KS)
· Truck Equipments Sales Inc. (Mobile, AL)
· United Truck Bodies (Phoenix, AZ)
· WHM Diesel Parts Inc. (SparrowBush, NY)
· Zip's Truck Equipment Inc. (New Hampton, IA)
"We welcome these members that have demonstrated compliance with key strategic objectives for building better partnerships between distributors and manufacturers, and between suppliers and their customers," said NTEA Executive Director Jim Carney.
Applications for verification status are accepted throughout the year. Those qualifying for MVP designation are announced on a quarterly basis.
To qualify, NTEA Distributor and Manufacturer members must meet criteria that are key to providing quality products and vehicles. For example, vehicle upfitters must provide proof that they are attempting to comply with specific regulatory requirements necessary for the manufacture of trucks.
They also must demonstrate that they have adequate liability insurance coverage, a quality program and ASE-certified mechanics or certified welders.
Body and equipment manufacturers have similar requirements for insurance coverage, quality programs and certified employees. They also must verify that they provide installation instructions for their products and have a warranty policy to address product defects. In total, all verified members must provide proof that they meet four of five criteria.
For a complete listing of MVPs, or to learn more about the Program, visit www.ntea.com.