HDT’s Equipment Editor Jim Park was recently honored with a 2020 Jesse H. Neal Award for the category of Best Range of Work by a Single Author, “the highest individual honor for an editor,” according to Connectiv (formerly ABM), which established the awards in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media.
This year’s award is HDT’s 30th win at the Neal Awards and Park’s sixth. The category is designed to showcase editors who show outstanding ability to work across the range of media now required by a brand, while maintaining high levels of editorial craftsmanship, journalistic enterprise, and innovation. The entry called for three to five examples of the Park’s work; which included:
- Print Feature: Electric Trucks: Will Future Trucks be Powered by Battery or Hydrogen Technology
- Commentary: What Went Wrong in Colorado’s Deadly Truck Crash?
- Web feature: The Art and Science of Mountain Driving
- Video: Focus On: Hendrickson’s ZMD Trailer Suspension
- Photography: Meet a Mack Snowplow Built for Tough Alaska Winters
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this 66th Annual Jesse H. Neal Awards event was performed virtually, garnering the largest global audience ever assembled to celebrate business-to-business journalism, according to Connectiv.
HDT was also a finalist in three other categories:
- Best Technical Content: Electric Trucks, Steering Advances, Telematics. Jim Park and Jack Roberts
- Best Series: Trucking Under the Influence. Deborah Lockridge, David Cullen, and Jack Roberts
- Best News Coverage: AB5. Deborah Lockridge
HDT would like to congratulate Jim and all of the other winners at this year’s event.