American Trucking Associations has announced its latest group of America's Road Team drivers for the 2019-2020 campaign.
America’s Road Team is made up of 18 truck drivers that will serve as trucking industry ambassadors for the general public as well as for elected officials and the media.
“These drivers represent the diverse experiences of the 3.5 million professional drivers across the country and will be able to bring their unique stories to new, critical audiences as part of America’s Road Team,” said Chris Spear, ATA president and CEO. “ATA is very excited to begin working with this group of professional, respected drivers and see them continue spreading the positive image of the trucking industry. We are extremely proud of them, as are their companies and families.”
The Captains will have the opportunity to share their passion for trucking as they travel the country on behalf of ATA and the industry. They will share their experiences as professional truck drivers and the critical role the industry plays in the delivery of goods and services while also stressing the importance of a safety-first mentality.
The drivers will continue to work full-time for their ATA member companies, appearing on behalf of ATA anywhere from 3-5 days per month. The new Captains will tour the country in ATA’s Interstate One Image Truck, an American flag emblazoned Volvo VNL 760, featuring a state-of-the-art truck driving simulator and mobile classroom.
After receiving their signature navy blue America’s Road Team blazers, the 2019-2020 Captains will immediately begin their work in improving public perception of the trucking industry. Trucking industry professionals can support America’s Road Team’s mission by following the team’s two-year journey on Facebook and Twitter and interacting with the Captains at major industry events, conferences and community visits.
The 2019-2020 America’s Road Team Captains are:
- William C. Bennett III, UPS Freight, Maytown, Pennsylvania
- Sammy Brewster, ABF Freight, Powder Springs, Georgia
- Jorge Chavez, Jetco Delivery, Houston, Texas
- Timothy Chelette, Big G Express, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- James Clark, Penske Logistics, Otter Lake, Michigan
- April Coolidge, Walmart Transportation, Mint Hill, North Carolina
- Scott Davis, ABF Freight, Kearney, Missouri
- Douglas Frombaugh, FedEx Freight, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- William Goins, Old Dominion, Cloverdale, Indiana
- Billy Hambrick, Werner Enterprises, Yoder, Wyoming
- Russell James, YRC Freight, Bonner, Montana
- Gary Martin, FedEx Ground, Galt, California
- William McNamee, Carbon Express, Christopher, Illinois
- Tina Peterson, FedEx Ground, Blaine, Minnesota
- Theldorine “Dee” Sova, Prime Inc., Sacramento, California
- Ronald Vandermark, UPS Freight, Delran, New Jersey
- Nicolette Weaver, FedEx Freight, New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania
- Todd Wilemon, ABF Freight, Fulton, Mississippi
To learn more about the 2019-2020 America’s Road Team and view the team’s biographies, visit the official America’s Road Team webpage.