Designed for commercial trucks, military vehicles, and off-highway construction and agriculture equipment, Red Dot's actuator is ideal for managing air-distribution doors, water valves, and other functions where durability and precise, electronically controlled actuation are required, the company says.
Its microprocessor control is designed to maintain a constant torque across the range of operating voltage and automatically reduce torque in a stalled condition. "This level of precision means less stress on components and the potential for longer service life," said Gary Hansen, vice president of Red Dot.
The actuator is sealed to IP68 standards (+/- 5 psi internal or external pressure) to resist moisture and other contaminants. Also, its dual-voltage capability allows it to be used in 12- or 24-volt applications, providing added versatility from a single part number.
Additionally, the Red Dot actuator offers these benefits:
* Adjustable using linear voltage (potentiometer) or pulse-width modulated (PWM) signals.
* Meets the highest flame retardant specifications: UL 94-V0 and UL 94-5VA standards.
* Maximum torque: 13 in-lb.
* Vibration tested to 9.8Gs.
* Rotation angle: 104-degree standard.
* Rated for 300,000 cycles.
* Rated for operation between -40 and 185 degrees F (-40 to 85C)
* Reverse-polarity protected.
* 24-volt load-dump protected.
More info: www.reddotcorp.com