Designed for tactical and combat wheeled military vehicles and armored personnel carriers, as well as off-highway, emergency and custom chassis vehicles, the ProTec HMIS is available in three configurations: Series 30 for light-duty; Series 40 for medium-and medium-heavy duty; and Series 50 for heavy-duty applications.
"No market places greater demands on equipment than the defense, specialty and off-highway customers we serve," said David Damian, sales and business development director, defense, ArvinMeritor. "As a result of the extreme challenges our customers face on a daily basis, we have engineered the Meritor ProTec high mobility independent suspensions to provide enhanced levels of protection, maximum payload and reliable performance."
The ProTec HMIS Series is designed for interchangeable use of air springs, air struts, coil springs and hydrostruts, for customization and flexibility.
It also features full electronic system integration of suspension height control, active damping, electronic differential lock controls and electronic stability control.
Other features include:
* Up to 38-degree turn angle for maneuverability.
* Up to 21 inches of total wheel travel for off-road mobility.
* Lightweight materials and design architecture to maximize payload capacity.
* Modular systems-based architecture for common gearing and suspension components to be used across an entire family of vehicles.
* System flexibility allows for integration into multiple chassis types.
* All military suspensions are backed by global aftermarket support.
More info: arvinmeritor.com