FleetUp, a provider of electronic logging device and hours of service compliance solutions, has partnered with Navistar International to create a comprehensive vehicle diagnostics and preventive maintenance solution.
The new solution makes use of FleetUp’s ELD and fleet management service technology and integrates with Navistar’s OnCommand Connection program.
With the combined solution, fleet managers have access to comprehensive information from all vehicles leveraging FleetUp's telematics technology for real-time data analysis of vehicle performance.
This information includes engine diagnostics, fuel consumption per trip, fuel waste management, engine coolant temperature monitoring, and battery level monitoring. Vehicle health reports are then generated every 30 minutes through the OnCommand Connection platform, allowing fleet managers to access over 130 measurable values used for troubleshooting and safety precautions.
"From quickly identifying a faulty part and ordering a replacement all in one smooth process, to offering simplified descriptions of fault codes and suggested links to diagnostic repair videos, our OnCommand Connection program was created for straightforward and effective diagnostics," said Andrew Dondlinger, vice president of connected services at Navistar. "We're proud to announce our partnership with FleetUp to provide an easy-to-use, efficient safety and fleet management solution, in addition to helping our customers comply with the FMCSA ELD mandate."
Services and features of OnCommand Connection's real-time diagnostics system include:
- Live Access: View active fault codes and health reports for specific vehicles from any Internet-connected computing or smart device
- Health Report: Access and organize information in fleet health reports— including vehicle parts performance, fault codes, and weather conditions— all in one central location; plus, system stores data every 30 minutes, up to 500 reports, for up-to-date information
- Action Plan: Solve problems quickly and confidently with comprehensive fault code descriptions, severity levels, and suggested diagnostic questions for managers to ask the driver to better troubleshoot an issue
- GPS Mapping: Locate any nearby dealerships, trucks shops, customer sites, and hotels
- Alerts: Customize alert systems to each fleet's unique needs with adjustable frequency and timing; filter alerts by severity and duration
- Support: Take advantage of various informational documents and features, including online parts catalogs, VIN-specific search tools, service manuals, and other support services
"By integrating our fleet management and compliance technology with OnCommand Connection, fleet managers can now practice proactive maintenance with real-time troubleshooting faster and easier than ever," said Ezra Kwak, chief technology officer at FleetUp.