PIT Group, a Montréal, Québec-based engineering and research group for the North American trucking industry, has expanded its spring 2016 Energotest event with an invitation-only VIP Day for select Canadian and U.S. trucking operations and a Fleet Forum for invited participants and PIT Group fleet members.
The spring Energotest will be held from May 30 to June 9 at the Transport Canada test track operated by PMG Technologies in Blainville, Québec. VIP Day will be on June 7 and the (invitation only) Fleet Forum on June 8.
PIT Group said each Energotest is a fully independent, ISO 17025-certified, “road test laboratory with international credibility” that uses a highly qualified team of engineers and state-of-the-art equipment.
“With the number of new fuel saving technologies being introduced to the industry increasing at an astounding rate, we are offering these unique opportunities during our spring Energotest,” said Yves Provencher, director of the PIT Group. “For a select group of large fleets from across North America, a special invitation will allow them to ask up to three suppliers to submit technologies for testing. The fleets are also invited to attend Energotest for the evaluations and take part in a VIP Day where they will learn about PIT Group and our testing facilities.”
PIT Group is also hosting a Fleet Forum during the spring Energotest for the same select group of invited fleets and its fleet members.
Dwayne Haug, principal owner of Dwayne O. Haug Consulting, will discuss various topics of interest and fuel saving innovations that are important to fleet operations during the day-long event. Haug served as AVP Equipment Purchasing at Werner Enterprises for 25 years and held several other trucking company executive roles.
Participants in the invitation-only event can take advantage of the following testing options:
- TMC-SAE Type II Test Procedure (SAE J1321)-- Fuel consumption testing that compares the fuel consumption of a test vehicle, operating under two different conditions (base and modified), with the fuel consumption of a control vehicle.
- SAE J1526 Joint TMC/SAE Fuel Consumption Test Procedure - Type III – Fuel consumption testing that compares the fuel consumption of one component of a combination vehicle to the same component in another combination vehicle.
- Fuel consumption tests for specific duty cycles determined according to customer demands.
- PEMS - Portable Emissions Measurement System for measuring emissions in moving vehicles.
- SAE J1263 Road Load Measurement and Dynamometer Simulation Using Coast down Techniques tests for evaluating the influence of technologies on the drag force of vehicles.
- Dynamic performance tests under various duty cycles using a Taylor Towing Dynamometer designed to maintain constant drawbar pull and simulate an uphill slope of 25%.
Click here for more information and to access the Energotest registration form.
PIT Group is a division of FPInnovations. Formed in 2008, it consists of engineers, technicians, eco-driving trainers and fleet management specialists who promote efficient energy use by fleet members in the commercial transportation, municipal and transit industrie. PIT Group works in cooperation with the U.S. SmartWay Transport Partnership, Natural Resources Canada, and Environment Canada.