NASHVILLE -- As the American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council celebrates its 60th birthday, Monday it opened the doors on one of its largest exhibit halls ever as part of the 2016 TMC Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition at the Music City Center in Nashville.
“We are pleased and proud that this year’s TMC exhibit hall features nearly 400 companies – including every single major truck manufacturer and component supplier,” said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics and TMC executive director.
Doug White, vice president of maintenance of Dunbar Armored, Hunt Valley, Md., has been elected TMC's 2016-2017 general chairman and treasurer.
White, who served this past year as the Council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings, replaces Kevin Tomlinson, director of maintenance, South Shore Transportation, in the role.
Others serving as TMC officers for 2016-2017 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings Glen McDonald, Ozark Motor Lines;
- Chairman of Study Groups Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation;
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity Peggy Fisher, TireStamp;
- Chairman of Associates John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales; and
- Immediate Past Chairman Tomlinson and Executive Director Kirk.
The 2016 TMC Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition, presented by premier sponsor the Allied Committee for the Trucking Industry, also called ACT1, is open through Wednesday, and registration is open at the Music City Center, Nashville, Tenn.