American Trucking Associations named 32 professional truck drivers as finalists for the 2015 America’s Road Team captains. America’s Road Team is a group of drivers with good safety records picked to represent the trucking industry.
“The professional drivers selected as finalists are great industry ambassadors,” said Bill Graves, ATA president and CEO. “These professionals all have impressive driving records, share a passion for safety and are engaged in their communities.”
The top picks for America’s Road Team will be announced on January 14. The new captains will receive the signature navy blue America’s Road Team blazer and will begin representing the industry to share the message of safety, essentiality and sustainability with the public.
The 32 finalists are:
- Paul D. Brandon, Fed Ex Freight, Oxford, Conn.
- Henry Bruster, UPS Freight, Woodville, Miss.
- Richard Buitrago, Con-way Freight, Kissimmee, Fla.
- Gary Lee Capps, UPS Freight, Grantsville, Utah
- Kenneth J. Clark, YRC Freight, Desoto, Mo.
- David Conkling, Werner Enterprises, Metairie, La.
- Charles E. Demchock, II, Walmart Transportation, Cocoa, Fla.
- Eric Flick, FedEx Freight, Dayton, Nev.
- David Green, Werner Enterprises, Hot Springs, Ark.
- Neil Kirk, Penske Logistics, Middletown, N.Y.
- Randall Luschen, Weinrich Truck Line, Inc., Merrill, Iowa
- Clarence Wilburn Lyons, YRC Freight, Halton City, Texas
- Thomas McIntosh, YRC Freight, Aurora, Colo.
- John McKown, UP Freight, East Berlin, Penn.
- Tim W. Melody, ABF Freight System, Inc., Payette, Idaho
- Chad Miller, ABF Freight System, Inc., Crown Point, Ind.
- Bill Minor, Con-way Freight, West Milwaukee, Wis.
- Brent Quire, Con-way Freight, New Albany, Ind.
- Eric Ramsdell, Walmart Transportation, Whitmann, Ariz.
- Terry Rankins, Weinrich Truck Line, Inc., Tollesboro, Ky.
- Paul Savill, UPS Freight, Hamilton, Ohio
- Gary Schmidt, Cliff Viessman, Inc., Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Russell Simpson, Holland, Inc., South Vienna, Ohio
- Danny Smith, Big G Express, Inc., Shelbyville, Tenn.
- Clarence Taylor, Walmart Transportation, North Chesterfield, Va.
- Stanley J. Thrasher, Danny Herman Trucking, Inc., Boaz, Ala.
- Brian K. Turner, Old Dominion Freight Line, Newport, Tenn.
- Tim Vogt, Con-way Freight, Loganville, Ga.
- Kirk Weis, ABF Freight System, Inc., Rio Rancho, N.M.
- William West, ABF Freight System, Inc., Roopville, Ga.
- Derrick Whittle, Cargo Transporters, Inc., Fieldale, Va.
- Scott D. Woodrome, FedEx Freight, Middletown, Ohio
America’s Road Team is sponsored by Volvo Trucks. To be eligible for nomination, drivers must be employed by or leased to an ATA member company. The ATA looks for drivers with excellent safety records who demonstrate the ability to communicate his or her commitment to safety and passion for the industry.