Bob Phillips, President and CEO of Phillips Industries recently marked his fiftieth year associated with the commercial vehicle industry and the company founded by his grandfather in 1928.
Bob joined Phillips Industries in 1963, then known as H.W. Phillips Company. In 1968 inspired by customer demands Phillips started manufacturing the first pre-assembled light cords in 1968, launching the company on its present trajectory.
Over the following decades, Phillips Industries evolved from a North American parts distributor to a global manufacturer and supplier of electrical and air brake interface components for commercial vehicle operators worldwide. From innovating and developing the first practical commercial coiled cable assemblies to dozens of innovative products seen on today’s high performance vehicles, Phillips has grown its reach to over 40 countries worldwide.
Not only has Bob made his mark at Phillips Industries but he has also been an active and respected member of the commercial vehicle community playing a significant part as past Chairman of the Heavy Duty Business Forum of MEMA. Phillips is an active participant of such organizations as TTMA, SAE and TMC.