according to the National Hurricane Center.
Current road closures include:
- Marion county: On CR-314, the Sharpes Ferry Bridge is closed between NE 58th Ave and SE 1st Rd. Use SR-40 as an alternate route.
- Starke: US-301 is closed in both directions between Market Street and SR-16 due to water on the roadway. Use caution and follow posted detours.
- Pensacola Beach: Due to weather, J. Earle Bowden Way/CR-399 is closed between Pensacola Beach and Navarre. Seek alternate route.
- Eastpoint: Island Drive at US-98, the St. George Island Bridge is closed due to high winds.
- Hillsborough county: Howard Frankland Bridge: High wind advisory. Use caution
- Pinellas county: The Sunshine Skyway Bridge is closed in both directions due to a high wind advisory. Use other routes. On I-275 south before Sunshine Skyway Bridge, all lanes blocked.
To see a complete list of update road closures, go to FL511.com.
Currently, a Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for the Florida gulf coast from Destin to Englewood. The National Hurricane Center says accumulation of rainfall could total 10 to 20 inches across much of northern and central Florida, with a local maximum of 25 inches possible.
Storm total accumulations of 5 to 15 inches are possible across coastal southeastern Georgia and extreme southeastern South Carolina. The NHC also says a few tornadoes are possible today across the eastern Florida panhandle, the Florida peninsula and southern Georgia.
For updated storm alerts and information, go to www.nhc.noaa.gov/.