The event is designed for drivers as well as visitors to the Pilot Flying J travel centers to learn more about wellness. Each event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include the following activities:
- All sites will have a table for healthy product samples, coupons and educational materials from Kroger Pharmacy, Bayer HealthCare and EBoost. Drivers will have the opportunity to register to win fitness prizes.
- Kroger Pharmacies will have a wellness educator available for questions and blood pressure readings.
- Bob Perry and Rolling Strong Trainers will be onsite to take drivers through 10-minute workouts using a truck. At each event, drivers will have the chance to work out and learn more about wellness tools that are available to them where they work, on the road. Other exercises will include cardio and fitness activities using the "Trucker Trainer" Power Block set.
- Drivers will have the opportunity to walk with Bob Perry as he rolls his GoodYear Truck Tire for 7 miles at each event. The roll event promotes awareness to increase the lifespan of the professional truck driver by making lifestyle changes on the road and at home. The 7-mile tire roll is part of a 63-mile distance. Each mile symbolizes a year of a professional driver's life, with 62 years as the average lifespan, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Bob will be rolling the tire 63 miles total to communicate the importance of extending the life of the professional driver.
- One driver at each location will win a Grand Prize Wellness Package valued at $1,200. The package includes the "Trucker Trainer" Power Block Special Edition set, a Power Block bench, a six-month free membership to Snap Fitness using any nationwide locations, a $25 card to spend on Rolling Strong Nutritional Products and free monthly access to over 1,800 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the US to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure) valued at $300.
"We are very excited to kick off the 2012 Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tour," says Bob Perry, "The Trucker Trainer," chairman of the American Trucking Association's Safety Management Council's Health & Wellness Working Group and president of Rolling Strong. "Rolling Strong is here to help trucking companies of any size begin a wellness program designed for their drivers' needs and their unique workplace out there on the road. We have a proven program that is effective in helping companies reduce their drivers' biometric results."
The tour dates are as follows:
April 18: Knoxville, Tenn. - 800 Watt Road at I-40 and I-75, Exit 369
May 16: Carlisle, Pa. - 1501 Harrisburg Pike at I-81, Exit 52/I-76, Exit 226
June 20: Brooks, Ore. - 4220 Brooklake Road at I-5, Exit 263
July 18: Lake Station, Ind. - 1401 Ripley Street at I-94, Exit 15b
August 22: Dallas, Texas - 7425 Bonnie View Road at I-20, Exit 472
September 19: Altoona, Iowa - 3231 Adventureland Drive at I-80 & US 65, Exit 142
October 17: Avondale, Ariz. - 16189 S. Sunshine Blvd at I-10, Exit 208A
November 14: Fort Pierce, Fla. - 100 North Kings Hwy at I-95 Hwy 68, Exit 131
December 12: Hesperia, Calif. - 8701 Highway 395 at I-15, Exit 141