Telargo is a software-as-a-service provider of MRM telematics solutions that enable its clients to monitor and manage mobile assets and help fleet owners comply with various domestic transportation regulations. Telargo's solutions gather information about vehicles, such as location, engine use and braking information, and the drivers of those vehicles, such as hours of driver service.
Telargo is headquartered in New Jersey, with offices in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and has approximately 35 employees. To complete the acquisition, net of working capital received, Descartes paid approximately US $9.6 million in cash and incurred certain transaction expenses.
The Descartes Routing, Mobile and Telematics suite supports the end-to-end processes fleet operators use to:
* Create plans that best serve customers while minimizing costs
* Ensure that the plans are being executed in the field and address changes in real-time
* Instantly capture and distribute customer data from the field
* Track the performance of vehicles and related equipment
* Comply with government reporting and working mandates