"These awards aren't just about who sold the most trucks or parts," said Mike Rumsey, MFTA vice president of sales operations. "MFTA evaluates all facets of the dealers' performance in order to determine the annual winners. In 2009, we were witness to one of the most challenging years in recent times in the medium-duty truck industry. hese winners demonstrated true perseverance in the face of difficult market conditions."
The MFTA Dealer of the Year recipients for 2009 are:
* U.S. National Dealer of the Year: Milea Truck Sales Corp., Bronx, N.Y.
* Canadian Dealer of the Year: Kwong's Truck Service, Concord, Ontario
* National Parts Dealer of the Year: D & S Truck Center, Hodgkins, Ill.
* National Service Dealer of the Year: Metzger Gear, Rochester, N.Y.
* U.S. National Salesperson of the Year: Robert Milea, Milea Truck Sales, Bronx, N.Y.
* Canadian Salesperson of the Year: Sunny Kwong, Kwong's Truck Service, Concord, Ontario
In addition to the national Dealer of the Year awards, MFTA recognizes regional winners in the same categories. They include:
* Western Region Dealer of the Year: Degel Truck Center, Hazelwood, Mo.
* Eastern Region Parts Dealer of the Year: Miller's Truck Sales & Repair, Lincoln, R.I.
* Eastern Region Service Dealer of the Year: Bayside Trucks, Avon, Mass.
* Western Region Salesperson of the Year: Matthew Hood, Lake City Trucks, Salt Lake City, Utah