A special webinar from the editors of Heavy Duty Trucking will explore the issues surrounding adoption of zero-emission trucks at 1 p.m. eastern time on Sept. 26.
Register for “Zero-Emission Trucks Today and Tomorrow," part 3 of the HDT webinar series, “Road to Zero,” which is providing real-world insights for fleet managers dealing with the push to decarbonize trucking.
The push to decarbonize transportation can be intimidating for fleet managers who operate heavy- and medium-duty trucks, as explored in the first two parts of this webinar series. Perhaps no topic raises as many questions and challenges as adopting battery-electric trucks.
Learn About Real-World Electric Truck Operations
In this webinar, hear from fleets that have already been adopting electric trucks in their operations, as well as insights into the North American Council for Freight Efficiency’s Run on Less Electric Depot project.
We’ll look at questions such as:
- Which applications make the most sense right now for EVs?
- How do you handle the challenges of charging?
- What about EV truck maintenance?
- How can you extend BEV range?
- What about financing?
- Can you “future-proof” your EV journey?
- What role will hydrogen fuel cells play?
The Road to Zero Panelists
The discussion will be led by Deborah Lockridge, HDT editor and associate publisher. The panelists are:
- Rick Mihelic, Director Emerging Technologies, North American Council for Freight Efficiency. Mihelic will share early insights gleaned from NACFE's Run on Less Electric - Depot, which is underway, and other NACFE research into zero-emission trucks.
- Brad Bayne, VP of Strategic Initiatives, 4 Gen Logistics. Brad, a 2023 HDT Truck Fleet Innovator, is working to make good on 4 Gen Logistics' pledge to become the first North American motor carrier to own an all-zero-emission drayage fleet by 2025.
- Andrew Erin, Vice President, Technology Advancement, PGT Trucking. Erin is the chairman of the Innovation Committee for the Pennsylvania-based flatbed carrier. PGT recently began a dedicated transportation run using a Class 8 zero-emissions truck.
Missed Parts 1 and 2 of our Road to Zero Webinar Series? Watch on Demand!
The first two installments of HDT's “Road to Zero” webinar series are available on demand.
In this webinar, a panel with speakers from the North American Council for Freight Efficiency, Walmart, and Benore Logistics explored ways fleets can get started on a path to lower emissions. How do fleets evaluate their operations, options, and resources? How can they start setting goals? How do they measure progress?
The trucking industry can’t transition to zero-emission vehicles overnight. There is still plenty going on in the development of more efficient engines and alternative fuels such as renewable diesel, renewable natural gas, even hydrogen. A panel discussion with speakers from the Diesel Technology Forum, M&M Cartage, and Titan Freight Systems explores steps to take now and in the near and medium term to move along an emissions-reduction path.