Lytx offers a new suite of tools to help drivers take control of their performance, safety and compliance. The tools, available now on the Lytx Driver App, let drivers use their Android or iOS devices to track and improve their on-road performance — with minimal fleet manager input or intervention.
“With the current global economic situation, drivers are busier and more stressed than ever before,” said Rajesh Rudraradhya, Lytx chief technology officer, in a news release. “These driver-centric tools are an investment to reduce the burden of their day-to-day job, helping them stay positive and motivated.”
Features available in the Lytx Driver App include:
- Video: Drivers have quick access to video recorded by Lytx DriveCam event recorders. A scrolling feed of video clips provide an objective overview of past trips.
- Self-coaching: Using video-playback capabilities, drivers can track their individual performance and focus on driving improvements where they need it most.
- Performance metrics: Drivers can access performance trends over a 90-day period, which gives them the ability to track their progress, address new risks, and celebrate improvements.
- Driver recognition: The app allows drivers to compare their performance to others.. Managers can use the data to set up recognition programs for outstanding safety performance within their Lytx Account.
- Route Risk: Available to everyone at no cost, this feature alerts drivers to hazards such as slowing traffic, crashes, inclement weather, pedestrian crossings, children playing, and wildlife crossings. Lytx’s database has analyzed more than 50 million accident reports representing 10 years of crashes across the U.S. to highlight potential hazards. (Route Risk is currently available on iOS only.)
- ELD compliance: Drivers can record ELD HOS status and complete vehicle inspections using their tablets or smartphones. The dashboard and driving log make it easy for drivers to see when they are on or off duty – and when they are due for a break.
- Driver ID: Drivers can access an individualized QR code, eliminating the need to carry and manually scan a physical badge.
Drivers can access these and other features on the Lytx Driver App on their Android or iOS devices when they’re not driving.