Safety Act in January 2008.
The guide assists multi-stage manufacturers in meeting complex vehicle certification compliance requirements.
Each type of manufacturing requires compliance with specific federal motor vehicle safety regulations, including vehicle labeling. The publication clarifies vehicle certification labeling as it relates to incomplete, intermediate or final-stage manufacturing. Also covered is certification and labeling requirements for vehicle altering.
Topics covered include:
· Labeling requirements
· Instructions for label use, location and proper completion
· The Incomplete Vehicle Document
· Real-world, industry-specific examples
· Recall and remedy
· Early Warning Reporting
· Record retention
· Submission of manufacturer identification to NHTSA
· Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
· FMVSS compliance calculations.
The Guide includes eight chapters plus definitions, exhibits and an appendix as well as a full-color Federal Lighting Guide Poster and important worksheets.
NTEA members receive one copy of the guide free-of-charge upon request and may order additional copies for $79. Nonmembers pay $149. For more information or to order the guide (item 2236), visit www.ntea.com.