"We are really excited about the new features of both the HDAW '08 conference and the enhanced web-site," said Jerry Weis, 2007 HDAW chairman and president of Ott's Friction. "The site was easy to use before, but the new features make it as user-friendly as it gets. Many of the HDAW attendees used online registration last year and the site saved all of the registration data."
He said distributors will be able to register for HDAW '08 at any time of day or night and actually defer billing until January. Distributor attendees to the premier education and business conference have the opportunity to register via credit card today and defer payment until Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2008.
Online features for both distributors and supplier sections include:
• HDAW '07 in Review
• HDAW '08 Schedule of Events
• HDAW Education Program and Workshop Schedule
• HDAW '08 Conference Costs & Services
• HDAW Distributor or Supplier Registration Centers
• One-On-One Business Meeting Section
• HDAW's 100,000-square-foot Product Expo Floor Plan
• On-line Supplier Guide and Distributor Registrant List
• HDAW Exhibitor/Participant Application and Regulations
• Program Sponsorship Opportunities
• The Mirage Hotel Reservations
Based on attendee feedback from the 2007 event, HDAW '08 will feature:
• Enhanced scheduling of activities: Separate time periods set aside for the educational programs and the Product Expo, allowing HDAW attendees to participate in the entire week's events.
• Valuable networking time: The Opening Day Breakfast and luncheons and breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday, offer time for networking with industry peers and business contacts.
• "Happy Hour" on the exhibition floor: The last hour of the Product Expo on Tuesday and Wednesday will include "happy hour" receptions.
• Private lounge areas in the Product Expo: Several, comfortable lounge areas on the exhibition hall floor will offer space for casual discussions.
• Industry Awards Luncheon on Thursday: This new event will recognize individuals who have made invaluable contributions to the heavy-duty aftermarket during 2007.
Last year's event featured 238 exhibitors, with 1,800 total attendees from 13 countries.