The program has been set up to allow separate time periods for the following:
• Two full afternoons in the 100,000-square-foot HD Aftermarket Week Product Expo
• Scheduled 1-on-1 meetings between distributors and supplier executives
• The Heavy Duty Aftermarket Forum by MacKay & Co.
• Six HDAW Business and Technical Theater and best practices workshops
• Multiple networking opportunities for distributors and suppliers
• An All Industry Reception on the evening of Jan. 21
• An HDAW luncheon and awards ceremony
The HDAW '08 conference will feature education sessions focused on heavy-duty distribution trends and best practices. Directed by the HDAW conference leadership and developed by the HDAW education committee, six individual education program segments will address critical business processes and topics for the independent heavy duty distributor.
Multiple sessions will address such areas as branded versus non-branded product risks, distributor and fleet relationships, heavy-duty shop access to repair and fault-code information, waste elimination in the supply chain, the core selling skills of the heavy-duty sales professional and more. The final 2008 HDAW conference education program will be available online soon at www.hdaw.org.
A luncheon and awards ceremony on the final day will acknowledge aftermarket-specific industry awards, including: Truck Parts & Service Magazine's 2007 Distributor of the Year; Heavy Duty Trucking Magazine's Top Five HD Products of 2007; The Service Technician of the Year; and The HD Industry Hall of Fame Award.
Of HDAW '07 attendees responding to its survey, more than 90 percent have indicated they plan to attend the 2008 Conference.
HDAW is the largest North American gathering of heavy-duty suppliers and distributors. For more information or to register, visit HDAW at www.hdaw.org or contact W.T. Glasgow, conference management, at (708) 226-1300.