According to the Montreal Gazette, truckers jeered during what port officials said was the first movement of cargo in and out of the port since last Monday, when owner-operators set up picket lines.
About 40 to 50 trucks moved yesterday, port officials said, while union protesters put the number at 35 containers.
Port authorities called police when pickets were gathering at the entrance shortly after noon. Port officials had obtained a court injunction on Thursday forcing picketers to keep 10 meters away from the port's gates.
But port officials told the paper that even with the injunction, there was no movement in and out of the port.
"We want the free movement of trucks and we hope the truckers will respect the injunction," said Port of Montreal spokesman Michel Turgeon.
The blockade has caused about 8,000 to pile up at the port since 1,200 truckers from 41 trucking firms in the Montreal area walked off the job on Sunday of last week.
Truckers are protesting against the refusal of about 40 employers to recognize their efforts to get a union-negotiated collective agreement, the article said.