"The services that PNV offers help to make the transition to life on the road easier for new drivers, allowing the trucking industry to build its pool of trained and safe drivers," says Bob May, president and CEO of PNV.
PTDI General Counsel Robert Rothstein notes that the industry loses many drivers
soon after their graduation from driver training school. "PTDI's arrangement with PNV is the most creative way for schools and fleets to make the transition from non-driving life to over the road life a less dramatic experience," he says.
PNV is offering the following trial package of communications services for graduates of PTDI-certified training programs at no charge:
* A lifetime PNV membership card
* Six months of unlimited high-speed Internet access services
* Free e-mail services from PNV's public access CONNECT!Point Internet kiosks
* Six months of free telephone access from the cab of their trucks
* 15 minutes of free long-distance calling
* A free day of Premium cable TV service
For more information about PTDI, visit www.ptdi.org.