The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will hold five public hearings on proposed new emissions regulations including tougher requirements for diesel engines.
Dates and locations are as follows:
* June 19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1605 Broadway, New York, NY
* June 20, Rosemont Convention Center, 5555 N. River Rd., Rosemont, IL
* June 22, Renaissance Atlanta Hotel, 590 W. Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta
* June 27, Hyatt Regency, 711 S. Hope Street, Los Angeles
* June 29, Doubletree Hotel, 3203 Quebec St., Denver
Those who wish to testify must notify Margaret Borushko (Diesel@epa.gov) 10 days before the date of the hearing. Include the word "hearings" in the subject line.
Comments to the proposal can also be sent to EPA via e-mail (Diesel@epa.gov). The agency recommends that comments be included in the body of the e-mail message rather than an attachment. Written comments can also be sent to Margaret Borushko, U.S. EPA, National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory, 2000 Traverwood, Ann Arbor, MI 48105.
The proposal, backed by the Clinton Administration, seeks to cut truck emissions by more than 90% by the year 2010. Catalytic converters similar to those required on passenger cars would be mandated on new trucks starting with the 2007 model year.
Prestolite Electric today announced the Prestolite Power Promise warranty for its premium alternators – including IdlePro and IdlePro Extreme units – that will extend coverage to three- or four-year terms and unlimited mileage.