The Washington hearing will be May 31-June 1 in Room 2230 of the Department of Transportation, 400 7th St., S.W. It is the only hearing at which witnesses will be scheduled – the others will be first-come, first to speak.
If you want to testify at the Washington hearing, or have questions about the other hearings, call Stanley Hamilton of FMCSA at 202-366-0665.
Here is the schedule for the other hearings:
* June 7-8, Ontario, CA, Room 104B, Ontario Convention Center, 2000 Convention Center Way.
* June 12-13, Denver, CO, Auditorium 2, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W. 6th Ave, Golden, CO.
* June 15-16, Kansas City, MO, Wagstaff Theater, American Royal Center Complex, 1701 American Royal Ct.
* June 20-21, Indianapolis, IN, Union Federal Southwest Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E. 38th St.
* June 26-27, Hartford, CT, Quality Inn Conference Center, 51 Hartford Turnpike. The hotel is in Vernon, CT, seven miles east of Hartford, on Route 83, Exit 63 off I-84.
* June 29-30, Atlanta South Truck Stop, Travelcenters of America, 122 Truck Stop Way, Jackson, GA, Exit 201 off of I-75.
* July 6-7, DOT headquarters, Washington, D.C.
You can also send your comments in the mail. The address is Docket Clerk, U.S. DOT Dockets, Room PL-401, 400 Seventh St., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20590. Refer to Docket No. FMCSA 97-2350.
Or you go to a DOT web site to provide your input.