CFI, an international truckload carrier based in Joplin, Missouri, has been transporting goods to and from Mexico since 1985 and has learned a few "tricks of the trade" along the way. Currently, more than 55% of CFI revenue is attributed to loads that cross the border.
“The expertise we have accumulated over the years is now available to help others move goods across the border successfully," says Gary Nichols, director of marketing. "We’ve compiled details about each border crossing, provided guidelines for selecting a reputable broker and pointed out some hidden costs that should be considered when crossing the border. We’ve also incorporated a "frequently-asked-questions" section which covers a wide range of topics."
CFI’s "Logistics to Mexico" online resource includes:
· Overview of NAFTA and how it affects transportation.
· Common border crossings, hours of operation, and holiday schedule.
· Political and economic influences to consider.
· Standard border crossing procedures.
· How to choose a broker or forwarder.
· Frequently asked questions about shipping goods to/from Mexico.