Rand McNally has launched the next generation of its TND line – the TND 750 and the TND 550 – truck-specific GPS devices that include the company’s Navigation 2.0 software.
New features include truck routing, a refreshed interface, crowdsourced POI reviews, and new visuals, including three-dimensional cities and landmarks.
“These new TNDs mark a giant step forward with upgraded hardware and the new, improved mapping and truck routing on board,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally.
The TND 750 and 550 come with a high-definition 7-inch and 5-inch screens, respectively. Besides the updated navigation software, the sixth generation of TND devices include:
- an upgraded magnetic mount on the 750
- improved processors for faster routing, quicker responses, and smoother graphics
- live traffic, current fuel prices, weather conditions down the road, and crowdsourced and rated points of interest
- enhanced driver tools such as mileage and fuel logs and the ability to create custom routes
- improved WiFi and bluetooth capabilities for faster over-the-air updates and connections
See all comments