Rand McNally has introduced the TND Tablet 85, an all-new sixth-generation dashboard tablet which includes new navigation software built for commercial drivers.
The company’s proprietary Rand Navigation 2.0, new navigation software from Rand McNally, features improved truck routing, a more modern interface, crowdsourced reviews, and new visuals, such as three-dimensional cities and landmarks.
“The new software greatly improves usability, truck routing, traffic avoidance, and access to advanced features like weather overlays,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally.
The TND Tablet 85 hardware includes a hexacore processor and a customized operating system for increased functionality, improved graphics, and enhanced turn-by-turn directions available through the device’s speaker, as well a variety of original and upgraded features:
- A directional dash cam with loop recording and an integrated G sensor.
- Upgraded connection services that include live traffic, current fuel prices, weather conditions, and crowdsourced and rated POIs to provide updated business and navigational content.
- Driver support tools, such as mileage and fuel logs, the ability to create “bread crumb” routes and an at-a-glance trip computer.
- A magnetic mount that guides the device into place that was tested to ensure the device can withstand the bumps of a truck cab.
- Thermal resistance up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- All the benefits of an Android tablet, with the ability to access email, news, and entertainment.