The National Private Truck Council recognized a group of private fleet professionals and member companies for their contributions to the private fleet community.
“We are honored to acknowledge the efforts of these outstanding professionals who have made significant contribution to NPTC, their profession and the private trucking community,” said NPTC President Gary Petty.
For years, NPTC’s Professional Leadership Awards have recognized individuals and companies that have a positive impact on the association, their respective industry, and the private trucking community. Included in this year's group are:
- Matt Peterson, remarketing sales manager, Mack Trucks/Volvo Trucks, won the Dan Smith Lifetime Achievement Award
- David Barth, transportation area manager, Wegmans Food Markets, won the Private Fleet Executive of the Year Award
- Jeff Bronson, senior director of transportation, Atlas Trucking Company & Atlas Logistics, won the Private Fleet Manager of the Year Award
- Duane Woods, senior director of transportation operations, Albertsons Companies, Private Fleet Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Chris Fada, general manager, Ross Transportation Services, was awarded the Excellence in Membership Award in the fleet category
- Rosemary Schaffer, director of non-profit business, Penske Truck Leasing Company, received the Excellence in Membership Award in the allied category
- TransForce Group won the Allied Member of the Year Award
- Frito-Lay was given the Excellence in Backhauling Award
The awards are sponsored by TransForce Group.