Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation has unveiled an all-electric pilot version of its MT chassis at the NTEA Work Truck Show in Indianapolis.
Developed in partnership with Cummins, the MT50e features a fully integrated electric power system. The MT50e is the first planned product in what will eventually be a portfolio of all-electric products geared toward the pick-up and delivery markets that is also compatible across all vocations.
Designed for Class 6 walk-in van bodies, the MT50e will be powered by a factory-installed PowerDrive 6000ev drivetrain from Cummins with a range of up to 120 miles and GVWR of up to 23,000 pounds with no reduction in cargo volume capacity.
It aligns with the Connected, Assisted, Safety-focused and Electric (CASE) initiative from FCCC’s parent company Daimler Trucks North America that promotes the development of innovative products that combines all of these attributes into a comprehensive package.
MT50e Fast Facts:
- Drive System: Zero-emissions, all-electric Cummins PowerDrive 6000ev
- Up to 23,000 pounds gross weight
- Up to 120 miles driving range (equivalent MPG: 30 to 36 MPGe)
- Full charge in 8 hours with standard SAEJ1772 Level 2 Charger and 2 hours to 80% state of charge (SOC) with optional SAE J1772 CCS-1 DC Fast Charging
- Power/Torque: 268 hp Peak / 1622 ft-lb Peak
- Complies with all FMVSS requirements
“The new MT50e blends the earth-friendly and efficient performance of an electric vehicle with the undisputed strength and ruggedness that’s made FCCC the most reliable chassis in the market,” said Mike Stark, product manager for commercial chassis for FCCC. “Most importantly, with the addition of MT50e, we can deliver our customers a chassis for almost every fuel type. They know that when they want to pick their power, there is only one choice: Freightliner Custom Chassis.”