SmartTruckRoute features include:
- Routing considerations including low bridge heights and clearances, load limits, one-way road designations, sharp turns and allowances
- Truck-specific maps and routes
- Turn-by-turn instructions
- Routing based on size and weight of vehicle, user-definable truck specifications
- Supports hazmat restrictions by class to avoid tunnels and other restricted areas
- Displays surrounding traffic and aerial views at no additional charge
- Built-in speaker for hands-free operation
- Navigation does not interrupt other functions of the phone
According to Marleen Winer, vice president, business development, "The Android app gives truck drivers peace of mind for about 10 cents a day, regardless of what other GPS they may be using as it provides an inexpensive back-up system for truck navigation."
TeleType is also planning to release the app for the iPhone and iPad. Future add-on modules for Android and iOS will allow access to load board information.
For further information, go to www.teletype.com SmartTruckRoute is available on Google Play (formerly known as the Android Marketplace).