Among the facts contained in this year's edition:
* The trucking industry employs nearly 7 million people - including more than 3 million drivers, 164,000 of whom are women.
* Texas has the greatest number of people employed in the trucking industry, but on a percentage basis Nebraska ranks first.
* Trucks consumed 33.9 billion gallons of diesel fuel in 2010.
* Class 8 trucks traveled more than 108 billion miles.
* Commercial trucks of all classes paid $34.3 billion in federal and state highway-user taxes.
"Trends gives us a snapshot of important information that decision makers and policy makers need to guide them," said ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello. "The data collected here is just as important in the board room as it is in the hearing room."
American Trucking Trends 2011 is available from ATA Business Solutions and participating state trucking associations.
For more information: www.atabusinesssolutions.com