The Webb Vortex drum was designed to meet the demand for a lighter weight grey iron drum with better performance features and a lower cost than current lightweight drums available for heavy trucks and trailers. Advantages of the Webb Vortex drum can be viewed at www.webbwheel.com/vortex/index.html and they include:
• Thermal: The Webb Vortex drum runs cooler and dissipates heat faster than steel-shelled light weight brake drums. See side by side video of actual dynamometer results.
• Weight: 12 pounds per wheel end advantage over standard grey iron drums.
• Performance: Vortex drums run cooler and exceed all FMVS121 requirements for brake torque, brake power and brake recovery. Every drum is precision balanced and rated at 23,000 GVW. View slide show with actual test results.
• Maintenance: Because Vortex runs cooler, brakes are more effective and last longer resulting in more uptime and less maintenance costs.
• Cost: $200 savings per tandem axle vs. steel shelled drums.
Webb brake drums, as well as disc brake rotors, hubs and spoke wheels are available at heavy duty distributors and dealers throughout the U.S. and Canada.