The Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) officially opened its new headquarters and LiftLab in Cortland, N.Y., on October 12, with a grand opening celebration attended by ALI members, lift inspectors, suppliers, and other guests from the vehicle lift and workplace safety industries.
The growth of ALI lift safety initiatives like the ALI Lift Inspector Certification Program drove the need for a larger multipurpose facility.
The new 8,500-square-foot headquarters at 3699 Luker Road is more than four times larger than the organization’s previous Cortland office. It includes 3,475 square feet of renovated office and conference space, as well as a modern classroom that complies with nationally recognized examination requirements for up to 20 participants.
What really differentiates the facility is its new LiftLab. ALI member manufacturers have provided and installed 12 vehicle lifts in the expansive LiftLab area. They range from the smallest motorcycle lift to the most common two-post style, all the way up to heavy-duty inground and mobile column lifts. This is the only facility in North America that brings together such a wide range of operational lifts from various manufacturers and makes them available for hands-on industry training.
The following lifts are installed in the ALI LiftLab:
- Light-duty two-post surface-mounted lift, 10,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Light-duty low-rise frame-engaging lift, 10,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Heavy-duty two-post surface-mounted lift, 16,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Set of four wireless heavy-duty wheel-engaging mobile units (mobile column lifts), 54,000 lbs. total rated capacity.
- Heavy-duty inground lift, 60,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Heavy-duty scissors lift, 30,000 lbs. rated capacity, equipped with wheels-free device.
- Heavy-duty two-post surface-mounted lift, 15,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Light-duty scissors lift, 9,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Heavy-duty four-post surface-mounted lift, 14,000 lbs. rated capacity, equipped with wheels-free device.
- Light-duty motorcycle lift, 1,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Light-duty inground lift, 10,000 lbs. rated capacity.
- Set of four wireless heavy-duty wheel-engaging mobile units (mobile column lifts), 74,000 lbs. total rated capacity, along with a set of four high-reach supplementary stands.
ALI offers a wide range of vehicle lift safety training materials including printed copies of all the safety standards, the new Lifting It Right online training course, new Automotive Lift Safety Tips Card and Safety Tips Poster, the annual Vehicle Lifting Points guide, and uniform warning labels and placards.