The Truck Renting and Leasing Association has announced the latest recipients of its Industry Scholarship Program, which awards up to four scholarships per cycle to TRALA-member company employees or their children to pursue vocational training as maintenance technicians.
Those awarded scholarships from the June 1 application deadline are:
- Zachary Gabris, member company Hogan Truck Leasing in St. Louis. Mo.
- Johnny Gizar, member company Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company in Clearfield, Utah.
- Kelly Holdredge, member company Kenworth Sales Company in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Jeremy Lyda, member company Aim NationaLease in Girard, Ohio
Scholarship recipients each receive up to $5,000 in scholarships over two years, if they maintain a minimum grade point average in their vocational training.
Scholarship eligibility requires that:
- Applicants must be employees of TRALA member companies in North America, or dependents/children of full-time employees of TRALA member companies in North America.
- Applicants must be pursuing a course of study related to the truck transportation industry at an accredited two-year vocational program. Examples include, but are not limited to, Heavy Duty Truck Technology, Diesel Technology, Industrial Mechanics and Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technology.
Click here for more information.