NASHVILLE -- Heavy Duty Trucking magazine announces its 2015 Top 20 Products, highlighting the most innovative, significant and useful new product announcements from the previous year.
Awards will be presented during individual ceremonies at the Technology & Maintenance Council annual meeting, with some also being presented at next month's Mid-America Trucking Show.
Each year, HDT's editors spend a lot of time going to press conferences and combing through news releases on the latest new products for trucking. At the end of the year, we embark on a process to identify the very best of the past year’s introductions for our Top 20 Products.
Our editors sift through all of the products that appeared in the magazine over the course of 2014 to winnow down the list. Products are chosen based on the level of innovation, ability to address significant industry issues, and potential benefit to the bottom line.
A panel of HDT current and former Truck Fleet Innovators and maintenance executives active in the Technology & Maintenance Council are then consulted to narrow it down to the final 20. To see in-depth descriptions of each of these products, check out our official Top 20 Products of 2015 article.
The resulting Top 20 products are listed in alphabetical order by company name:
- Alcoa Ultra ONE Wheel with MagnaForce alloy
- Allison Transmission FuelSense
- Aperia Technologies Halo Tire Inflator
- Clean Energy NGV Easy Bay
- Detroit Assurance Safety Systems
- Eaton Procision Transmission
- Fontaine Fifth Wheel Dual Assist Camera System
- Goodyear Fuel Max LHD G505D Tire
- Hendrickson OptiMaax 6x2 Forward Axle
- Mack MP8 505C+
- Meritor Heavy-Haul Planetary Axles
- Michelin X Multi Energy Z tire
- Phillips 4-in-1 Electrical & Air Assemblies
- Prime Transport Solutions PTS50 Pneumatic Landing Gear
- SAF-Holland SAF P89 INTEGRAL Air Disc Brake
- SmartTruck Systems’ TopKit
- Supreme Corp. FiberPanel HC
- TrakLok International Cargo Security
- Transtex Composite’s Edge Cone & Edge Tail
- Webb Vortex Unlimited brake drum with CRT Technology