This year's award is for acts performed while on the road between Nov. 16, 2011, and Dec. 15, 2012.
The winner of the 30th Highway Hero Award will receive a $5,000 cash prize, a custom Goodyear Highway Hero ring, and other prizes. The person who nominates the winning 30th Highway Hero will receive a $1,000 cash award.
Please contact us if you would like to talk with a representative from Goodyear about the Highway Hero Award.
Goodyear Highway Hero Award Nomination Criteria
To nominate a candidate for Goodyear's 30th Highway Hero Award, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.com, click on the Highway Hero button, fill out the online form, and send your nomination directly to Goodyear.
For consideration, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time professional truck driver.
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada.
- The incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada.
- The nominee must have been on the job - or on the way to and from work - and in his or her rig at the time of the incident.
- Nominee's truck must have had 12 or more wheels at the time of the incident.
The incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2011, and Dec. 15, 2012, to qualify.
3/23/12: Trucker Who Rescued Woman from Gunman is 2011 Goodyear Highway Hero