The 51 agencies that earned the Milton M. Hill Quality Award represent a group that displayed excellence in the following areas:
- Superior warehouse rating: Recipients must earn high scores in inspections that measure organization, security, risk management and overall impression.
- Hauling excellence: Agents qualify for this award based on customer service provided by their professional van operators and by meeting hauling revenue requirements.
- World-class commitment: Recipients are measured on 12 standards, including customer service, customer satisfaction, estimating accuracy, claims ratio and compliance with Atlas' standards of excellence.
The 45 agents that won the 2012 World Class Commitment Award ranked highly in 12 critical areas, including customer satisfaction, estimating accuracy and claims service.
The 10 agents awarded the Specialized Transportation Group Quality Award recognize what it takes to excel in this uniquely demanding segment of the transportation industry. Among the criteria, agents must:
- Do business as a full-service agency, meeting or exceeding eight of the quality standards of the Atlas World Class Commitment;
- Earn a facility rating of 5.0;
- Have operated as an Atlas agent for a full convention year; and
- Achieve combined booker and hauler revenue of at least $1 million in Specialized Transportation business.