The eight state executives have a combined total of 105 years of service, and were honored during the federation's annual Management Conference & Exhibition.
"The Trucking Association Executives Council service awards are a long-standing tradition of the ATA Federation," said ATA President and CEO Bill Graves. "These awards recognize the importance of the state trucking associations and the executives to the overall trucking industry, but especially honor the dedication, hard work and tenacity each one of them possesses."
The TAEC members recognized included:
- Mike Riley, president, Motor Transport Association of Connecticut - 25 Years of Service
- Lane Kidd, president, Arkansas Trucking Association and Jim Runk, president and CEO, Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association - 20 Years of Service
- Dave Creer, executive director, Utah Trucking Association - 15 Years of Service
- Dan Case, executive director, Oklahoma Trucking Association - 10 Years of Service
- Kathy Fowers, president, Idaho Trucking Association; Jamie Fiepke, president & CEO, Kentucky Motor Transport Association and David Roberts, president, Mississippi Trucking Association - 5 Years of Service
New Mexico Trucking Association Managing Director Vic Sheppard was also recognized for his 26 years of service to the trucking industry. Sheppard is retiring at the end of the year. Creer, a 15-year service award recipient, will be retiring at the end of the month.