IANA will partner with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance to deliver the sessions.
The webinar, Roadside Inspection of Intermodal Equipment, will address the following topics:
* What happens in the roadside inspection of intermodal equipment?
* What is a Driver Vehicle Examination Report?
* What is an Intermodal Equipment Provider Report?
* What happens in the State and FMCSA systems after citation/violation?
* What is the DataQs System and how does it work?
* How are improperly assigned violations corrected?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, although the roadability regulation does not change the methods used to perform roadside inspections, it does change how certain violation information is recorded and who is the responsible party.
While motor carriers bear the responsibility for the power unit, under the roadability regulations, the intermodal equipment provider is held accountable for certain aspects of the chassis used to transport intermodal containers. For that reason, both motor carriers and IEPs should fully understand what happens during and after the roadside inspection, the administrative responsibilities, and the process flow of information.
To register for the webinar visit www.intermodal.org.