Tri-State Truck Center was founded in 1945 by F.A. Maddox Sr. and is now operated by Rod and Jim Maddox, the third generation of the family to run the business. In addition to Memphis, it has six other full-service locations across Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee. Tri-State Truck Center currently has more than 250 employees.
Each year, Mack acknowledges the efforts and contributions of its dealer network by honoring high-performing North American and International distributors. Selection criteria include sales, facilities, personnel, service, parts, general management, customer satisfaction and community service.
Mack also named 2010 winners for each of its U.S. regional sales divisions:
* Northeast Region: Ballard Mack Sales & Service, Worcester, Mass.
* Southeast Region: Tri-State Truck Center, Memphis, Tenn.
* Central Region: Wiegand Mack Sales & Service, Sterling Heights, Mich.
* Southwest Region: Vanguard Truck Center of Houston, Texas
* Western Region: TEC of California, Fontana, Calif.
* Canada Region: Redhead Equipment, Regina, Saskatchewan
For the second consecutive year, Vanguard Truck Center of Houston was named North American Used Truck Distributor of the Year. The Mack Leasing System North American Distributor of the Year award went to Conway Beam Leasing, East Syracuse, New York.