The Pepsi program is giving away $1,300,000 each month to fund great ideas. The program accepts 1,000 ideas a month from people, businesses and non-profits with ideas that will make a positive impact. The public can vote for up to 10 of their favorite ideas each day on the www.refresheverything.com website.
The Women in Trucking Association submitted a $250,000 grant proposal to create a toll free crisis line for professional drivers. The project was approved on Nov. 1 and is now open for votes, which will determine which projects are funded.
This grant would allow WIT to:
* Research the need for a national driver crisis line.
* Create a toll free crisis line for drivers and their families.
* Offer educational materials to address health and wellness issues.
* Provide a "best practices" guide for carriers to address driver needs.
* Develop policies for driver trainer-trainee relationship during over the road training.
These resources would extend beyond WIT members to include all professional drivers, both men and women and their families. This project could be implemented in fewer than six months with the help of FEI Behavioral Health, a leading provider of workforce solutions and crisis management programs.
The voting process will end on November 30, 2010 and the grant will be limited to the top two vote getters in the $250,000 category. To vote, visit www.refresheverything.com/womenintruckingM or send a text (104025) to Pepsi (73774).