The dealer has tapped Aaron Tippin, country music star, as celebrity spokesman, who will participate in the winner selection, among other things. Tippin is a former truck driver.
"I'm honored to continue working in support of the American trucker," said Tippin. "The Back On The Road program goes to the heart of the trucking world to provide assistance in this most personal way."
Arrow is accepting stories from truck drivers who may have lost their truck through unfortunate circumstances or from truckers who put others before themselves. The winner will receive a 2007 Volvo VNL670, courtesy of Volvo Trucks North America, a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express, and other great products and services.
"Over the past two years, we've received a number of heart-warming stories of truckers helping others in need," said Carl Heikel, CEO of Arrow Truck Sales. "So, we felt we should recognize these individuals, and their acts of kindness and consideration, as part of this year's campaign."
The winner of the contest will also receive:
• Tires courtesy of Michelin
• TriPac auxiliary power unit courtesy of Thermo King
• Business consulting tools courtesy of ATBS
• Insurance provided by the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association
• A 3-year/300,000 mile warranty from National Truck Protection
• Monthly $500 fuel cards from Pilot Travel Centers
• One year's worth of filter products courtesy of Genuine Volvo Parts
• Truck accessories and fenders courtesy of Minimizer products
Arrow will accept nominations until December 6, 2009, at www. backontheroad2008.com. A winner will be announced in March 2010 and will receive the truck and prizes during the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Ky.